Sunday 9 October 2011

Blogs by birders

It's far too easy to while the evening away reading other people's blogs. So that's what I've been doing. So much so that I've even updated my 'blogs and websites I follow' links to include some of those which I find myself returning to regularly (see right hand margin). Today's additions include:

Jonathan Lethbridge's blog, Wanstead Birder - Jonathan writes very well, and not just about birds. Hopefully returning to full-time work won't stop him doing so.

John Hague's alter ego, The Drunkbirder, is fearless, foul-mouthed and very funny. This blog is everything I would wish mine to be if (i) I weren't such a coward, and if (ii) I thought my employer had a better sense of humour.

Finally, Mark Lawlor's website has many attractions but the highlights are the rarity reports (birds and moths) from Guernsey (where he is Recorder), and the home it provides for the viral music sensation which is Gyr Crakes. Evidence that time frittered away on the internet is never wasted. Polymath Mark is also a co-founder of BUBO, and when I have worked out how, I shall pay tribute by putting up the bubo badge with my list totals on this blog.

I don't know any of these guys personally, but I commend their good works to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment