Monday 12 September 2011

Lapland Bunting

A Lapland Bunting near Abbotsbury Beach Car Park was reportedly very tame so I headed down after work to take a look. The wind was still whipping across Chesil Bank but the light was superb. I caught up with a couple ahead of me who were unable to find the bird, and we met two guys who had also had no luck. A couple coming the other way had also decided to give up, so it didn't look good. I continued to walk slowly up and down the road and eventually the bunting almost walked out from under my feet. I was able to attract the attention of the two guys and the first couple eventually returned to enjoy excellent views as it fed in the middle of the road. With the bird this close, even my old Tamron 200-400mm lens couldn't fail to get half-decent pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment