Sunday 4 October 2015

Mellow fruitfulness

It was certainly the season of mists this morning when I rolled up at Middlebere hoping to see a Ring Ouzel, only to find I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. When the sun eventually burnt it off I could see it was also the season of mellow fruitfulness as branches bowed under the weight of Rowan, Hawthorn and Blackberries.
I managed to miss the spring passage of Ring Ouzel so catching up with the one above today more than made up for that. A hearty crop of Rowan berries kept it happy, as it fed with a flock of Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush and Blackbird, plus a few Bullfinch.
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I continue to be amazing and enchanted by the quality of your pictures.
    Thank you and good hunting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Brett, thought I should up my game after someone accused me of posting 'dross' ;-)

      Delete
  3. I never knew a "Rowan" was a berry...

    ReplyDelete